What are the pros and cons in adopting lean management system?
In contemporary manufacturing, identifying the viable manufacturing strategy is vital. This can help to keep the particular stay forward among the competition. One such viable choice is lean material handling. The idea originated from the Japanese car industry. It optimizes the development through waste materials elimination as well as production period reduction.
Listed below are the advantages and disadvantages of the lean management program.
• Waste reduction -It is the most considerable benefit of the whole system. By reduction of the waste materials minimization, the process also helps to reduce the cost of functioning. This is because, zinc heightens the in business space thereby providing comfy work space for that labors. Also, these types of management systems sit on the massive sums of inventory, this eliminates the outdated supply.
• Enhanced customer associations -The lean management method focuses on needs of faithful customers. Hence, helps to develop strong and also reliable interactions.
• Infrastructure – The tools used in building, supplying the lean administration can be used around all the other departments as well.
• Perfection -As it will help to create a continuous flow, it can help to reduce work in time, price, space as well as mistakes. Following implementation associated with material handling suddenly one feels flawlessness is not an irrational concept
• Pull – The particular pull strategy is just — in Time inventory. This process helps to reduce manufacturing waste connected with transportation, supply, movement.
• Equipment failure :Pallet Carts method has very little room regarding error. But equipment failure and smaller labor help in these methods can lead to main inconsistencies. It’s not like size production devices where the employees can move to another device when 1 goes out. As in lean management method everything within the operation will be utilized disappointment of also one equipment cuts the actual chain ultimately causing major differences.
• Delivery inconsistencies -Along together with equipment disappointment this drawback affects the complete network. In the long run paralyses the shipping and delivery. This prevents customer relationships, costs high revenues.